Social Worker / Senior Practitioner – Redbridge – Looked After Children
We are currently recruiting a Social Worker or Senior Practitioner to join the Looked After Children team based in Redbridge.
Recently rated as outstanding by OFSTED and nominated for a prestigious Local Government Chronical Award recognising the best children’s services in the country.
Our client offer a family approach to the care of children in Redbridge across a range of teams including CPAT (Referral and Assessment), Community Social Work, Looked after Children, Adoption and Fostering, Children with Disabilities and family intervention teams. If you have experience in a similar Children services role, we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of this Social Work role:
- £5,000 retention bonus
- Performance Related Salary Progression scheme
- 31 days annual leave
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers,
- New technology scheme
- Interest-free loans on annual travel cards
- Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments.
- A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
What you will be doing as a Social Worker in Redbridge?
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies
- Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work