Social Worker/ Senior Social Worker – Slough – Looked After Children Team
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker or Senior Social Worker to join the Looked After Children Team for Slough.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly social work team led by engaging and supportive senior managers who are striving to continue improving and developing the service. The role will give you the latitude to help improve the outcomes of children and young people in care by supporting them to build a stable future.
Benefits as a Looked After Children Social Worker/Senior Social Worker include:
- £1,000 retention payment after 18months
- Pension Scheme
- Car lease scheme
- Relocation package
- Discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments.
- Agile working
- Clear career pathways
Duties as a Looked After Children Social Worker/Senior Social Worker include:
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
- Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
- Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write high quality reports as required and where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
Requirements as a Looked After Children Social Worker/ Senior Social Worker include:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work