Social Worker – Slough – Children with Disabilities
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children with Disabilities Team based in Slough.
In this role, you will be safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and young people in Slough through the delivery of high-quality services.
Your benefits as a Social Worker:
- Market supplement of up to £5,600 for frontline social workers, depending on role
- Retention reward of £1,000 after 18 months (SW, SSW/CP, ATM and TM roles)
- Tusker personal car lease scheme
- Employee Engagement Group ensures the voice of our colleagues can be heard
- Employee Assistance Programme ensures you have access to support and advice whenever you need it
- Relocation package if you’re having to move to work in Slough
- Access to the Blue Light Card offering discounts at hundreds of high street and online stores
- Use of pool cars so you can use public transport, cycle or car share to work and still drive to local appointments.
What will you be doing as a Social Worker in Slough?
- Promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of the child / young person throughout all aspects of work.
- Be responsible for managing an independent workload, ensuring legislative requirements are met to a high standard and within required timescales.
- Thoroughly assess, critically analyse, plan and implement suitable interventions for complex cases that fulfil statutory regulations, instigating proceedings and taking cases to court as required whilst effectively managing risk at all time and seeking support from senior team members when required.
- Produce concise, well-structured assessments, plans and reports, clearly recording and reporting analysis and judgements and ensuring that all recommendations are followed.
- Maintain accurate, up to date, evidence-based records safely and confidentially, in line with statutory requirements.
- Work with children, young people and families/carers to develop effective relationships through meaningful and purposeful direct work.
- Actively seek and understand service users needs and views to promote their participation in decision making and inform practice in assessment and planning in individual cases.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work