Social Worker – St. Helens – Assessment Team
An experienced and enthusiastic Children’s Social Worker is required to join a fantastic Assessment Team in St. Helens. As a successful Social Worker, you will be joining a well-established local authority and will become part of a highly respected and dedicated Children’s Assessment Team.
As a Social Worker, you will benefit from:
- Recruitment and Retention allowance of up to £2,000
- Free parking
- Generous annual leave
- Huge investments in Child’s Services
- A strong, permanent senior management structure
- Low average caseloads
- No hot desks
- A strong, resilient Council, that respects and values the individuality and diversity that every employee brings to the Council
- A positive, open and working environment
- Attractive salary and relocation package
- Excellent pension scheme
- Essential car user allowance is available
What will you be doing as a Social Worker in St Helens?
- You will be a part of a dynamic social work teams to deliver a high-quality service to the children and their families through case managing Child in Need, Child Protection, and initial PLO planning.
- You will have an opportunity to enhance and develop your skills as the team offers a wide range of training & development opportunities both in-house training and through other means such as Research in Practice.
- You will have an assigned administrative co-ordinator and direct access to the Centre for Professional Practice team, with a dedicated Advance Practitioner aligned to support improvement across all of Duty & Assessment.
Requirements of this Social Worker role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- Registered on Social Work England
- Post qualified experience in Children’s Services
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full clean UK driving license