Social Worker – Surrey – Mental Health
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Mental Health Social Worker to join Surrey Council (Woking) on an initial 6 month contact.
You will be expected to provide a professional social work service to adults their families and carers living in Surrey in line with the requirements of the Care Act.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- Up to £35 per hour for the correct candidate
- Excellent team.
- Flexible working offered and will be negotiable at interview
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- Assist individuals, carers and families to develop support plans to meet the outcomes identified, using an asset-based approach and family, friends and community options where appropriate and eligible needs are identified.
- Actively encourage involvement and ownership of the support plan but to take a leadership role where appropriate and will give clear explanation of the use of Direct Payments so that informed decisions can be made.
- Actively promote wellbeing and independence, to enable individuals and carers to retain or regain their skills and confidence and prevent or delay deterioration. They will engage effectively with families to facilitate contingency planning to anticipate complexity and changing circumstances.
- Ensure that as part of the assessment NHS Continuous Healthcare is considered for all individuals.
- Assist with the duty/intake function of the team as required, providing immediate professional guidance on urgent issues, arranging immediate support to manage risk in line with a personalised approach and escalating issues of concern to more senior staff.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.