Social Worker – Swindon – Children with Disabilities
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children with Disabilities Team based in Swindon.
As a successful Socia Worker, you will be working to ensure disabled children are appropriately safeguarding and supported to achieve their full potential through using current research and innovative practice.
What’s in it for you?
- £3000 “golden hello” payment after 1 years’ service
- Retention payments of £2000 after completing 2 years’ service and a further £2000 after 3 years’ service
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000 (eligibility criteria)
- Competitive salaries
- Free car parking at our central Swindon campus
- A career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days after 10 years’ service
- Leisure and Legal Services discounts
- Eating Out, Shopping and Entertainment discounts
- “Happy to talk Flexible working”
- Brand new Social Work and Leadership Academy
- Multi-million pound investment into Children’s Services at a time when authorities all over the country are cutting budgets.
- Significant restructure creating smaller social worker teams with better supervision, smaller case loads, and more opportunity for CPD
What will you be doing as a Social Worker?
- Work with families who have complex problems and where statutory intervention is required under the guidance of line management.
- Work in a strengths-based way using relational practice with children and families to promote a high challenge/high support environment and create a culture that delivers the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Ensure children and their families receive the right level of support at the right time.
- Ensure that the diverse needs of children, young people and their families are identified, met and regularly reviewed and plans updated to reflect any subsequent changes.
- Provide an efficient and effective social work service to children in need of support and their families. Working as part of a multi-agency team with children, young people and their families and providing support so that vulnerable children can remain within their families wherever possible.
What we are looking for as a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work