Social Worker –Warwickshire – Children with Disabilities
We are currently looking for a Qualified Social Worker to join the Children with Disabilities Team in Warwickshire. The successful Social Worker will work across the full spectrum of social work interventions which includes Child Protection, Children in Need, Looked After Children and Transitions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Children’s Social Worker to become part of a highly skilled team with a manageable caseload commitment.
Benefits of this Social Worker role:
- Manageable caseload commitment – aim for no more than 15 cases per social worker
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Commitment to staff well being
- Access to great training
Duties of this Social Worker role include:
- To support and be instrumental in developing and maintain a multi-disciplinary service to the community of Warwickshire. Promoting a culture of collective responsibility and problem solving
- To participate in the development of progressing the national and local agenda, including best practice standards, social services department for adults.
- To participate in the development and implementation of a business plan for people with learning disabilities
- To assist in the management of the resources of the team including work allocation and quality management, budget control and the provision of supervision and appraisal, (including planning, arranging and where appropriate the provision of training and development activity) to team members and others
- To foster and promote multi agency partnership working amongst the voluntary and statuary/non statuary sector strengthening the care management process, to improve outcomes for people with a learning disability and their families and carers
- To ensure that working procedures and practices in relation to care management, community development and service provision comply with statutory duties, functions, policies, and procedural guidelines
- To ensure that services are delivered in line with the action plan identified in the business plan.
- To ensure that the organisations key strategic plans and objectives are translated and reflected in the working practices.
- To advise the team manager on any issues, changes or constraints which require attention to improve the effectiveness of services
Essential requirements of this Social Worker role include:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post qualified experience in Children’s Services
- Post-qualified experience