Social Worker – Youth Offending – Permanent
Social Worker – Youth Offending Employer: Medway Council
Salary: Up to £41,567 per annum + annual retention payment Benefits:
- A retention payment of £2,000 (Social Worker) or £3,000 (Experienced Social Worker). This is a fixed sum payable in April each year, following two years’ service.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 27 – 30 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Essential Car user allowance with option to apply for a lease car after six months.
- Free car parking
- Relocation package of up to £8,000
About the role:
The social worker will undertake a ‘child first’ approach to Youth Justice practice. Focusing on addressing the needs of the young person and focusing on their strengths and resilience. The focus of practice will be to understand the young person as a child first, placing emphasis on understanding and responding to their experiences in delivering interventions to enable them to desist from offending.
The social worker will undertake assessments of the risk of offending, risk of harm and safeguarding concerns of young people involved in the Criminal Justice System. To prepare reports for the court, youth offender panels, and out of court disposals. They will be required to assess the diversity needs of young people involved in the criminal justice system. To design and deliver interventions responsive to these needs. The post will have an emphasis on high quality assessment and planning.
You will hold a degree in Social Worker – CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England.
You will have successfully completed your ASYE and have a minimum of 1 years’ practice as a social worker or 2 years’ practice as an experienced social worker.
You will have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
For further details contact Mozz Radwan on 02038573486