Speech and Language Therapist – South Wales
Hours: 28 hours per week
Our client is recruiting for an enthusiastic, caring, and passionate Speech and Language Therapist to join their Therapy Team in South Wales. We are working with an independent specialist day and residential school for children and young people aged 6 to 19 years with high functioning autistic spectrum disorders, including Asperger’s Syndrome and associated difficulties
As a successful Speech and Language Therapist, you will join their multi-disciplinary team, which may suit someone experienced in a special needs’ environment or newly qualified, who will be required to work closely with other Speech and Language Therapists and other professionals providing support to students, reporting to the Therapy Manager.
Your benefits as a Speech and Language Therapist:
- Exclusive access to reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Pension scheme
- Paid for enhanced DBS
- Wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme and more
Your duties as a Speech and Language Therapist in South Wales:
- Receives and responds promptly to referrals undertaking initial assessments to establish the scope, level, and nature of the individual client’s therapeutic needs.
- Leads and facilitates group and/or individual therapy sessions, ensuring activities and interventions continue to meet the needs of the clients, and are consistent with the provisions detailed in the child/young persons’ therapy plan.
- Manages, monitors, and reviews an assigned caseload, ensuring delivery within the agreed timescales.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records, case file notes and computerised information, and other associated documentation, providing and presenting progress reports to case conference meetings on a regular basis.
- Liaise with professional and clinical colleagues, as part of the MDT. Also, assist with the analysis and reporting of statistical data and information for research and audit purposes
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures, processes, and initiatives. Ensure their clinical practice complies with statutory regulations and current legislation, meet quality standards, and deliver against key performance indicators.
Essential requirements of this Speech and Language Therapist role:
- A Qualified Speech and Language Therapist
- Registered with HCPC
- The legal right to work in the UK