Support Worker – Family Assessment Centre
Job Title: Support Worker – Family Assessment Centre
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £22,509 to £28,143
Shift pattern: Mixture of working: 7:30am – 3:00pm & 2:30pm – 10:00pm
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Next Steps: Apply now or contact Brooklea at Liquid Personnel for more information
About the role:
Liquid Personnel has an exciting opportunity for a Family Assessment Worker to join an established Family Assessment Centre within the Birmingham area. You will work with families on a day-to-day basis, observing and recording the parents’ abilities to meet the immediate safety and care needs of their children.
As the Family Assessment Support Worker you will:
- Ensure the safety and welfare of children remains central to the assessment/intervention process.
- Take an active part in the assessment process regarding children and families – to observe, supervise, record, and assess family interaction, child behaviour, parental motivation and parental ability to meet the needs of the child(ren).
- Take an active part within team meetings in reviewing and developing the practices and provision within, and resources available to, the Centre.
- Use common sense and sensitivity in challenging and teaching parenting practices.
- Provide structured feedback to parents during and at the end of each shift.
- Plan and prioritise workload effectively within established time-frames and ensure that all written recordings meet required deadlines.
- Observe and implement Child Protection Procedures and the Centre’s policies and procedures.
- If you have observed a specific incident, to provide evidence in court, if required.
- Experience of working with adults and/or families or within a similar setting
- Hold a Level 3 in Residential Childcare or Health and Social Care (desirable)
- Communication skills verbally and ability to express in written form
- Able to empathise with vulnerable children and their families
- Patient and calm personality
- Able to defuse volatile situations
- Training opportunities and professional development
- Enhanced holidays for continuous employment
- Staff well-being events throughout the year, team building days and long service awards
- Attendance allowance at the end of each year
- Pension scheme, life assurance and employee assistance programme
- Free tea, coffee, water and fruit for all staff
- Bike (Cycle) Scheme