Support Worker – West Sussex – Stanhope Lodge Care Home
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Support Worker to join Stanhope Lodge Care Home based in West Sussex.
You will work as part of a team based within a Residential/Day Centre setting, where the key aim is to support people with high levels of dependency or complex needs and enable every customer to be engaged in their local community to the best of their ability. For some customers this could be through a time-limited programme of targeted support to build confidence and help develop skills for independent living.
What’s in it for you as a Support Worker?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
Your main responsibilities as a Support Worker:
- Provide active support (i.e. support that encourages individuals to do as much for themselves as possible) and enable customers in all aspects of their personal and physical care in line with individual provider plans, whilst maintaining their dignity, privacy and independence. This may include assisting customers with their toilet routine, showering, assisting with eating and drinking, health related tasks, dealing with emergencies, assisting with mobility requirements and using related equipment, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring, recording and suggesting revisions to the provider plan to ensure that the needs of customers are met and communicate any concerns, deterioration or improvements of customers. This would include maintaining concise daily records.
- Interpret straightforward information and situations e.g. taking part in opportunities designed to ensure physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual needs of customers are met e.g. outings, functions.
What we are looking for in a Support Worker:
- NVQ 2 in Care or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable successful experience of working as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working in a care setting and with people who have a disability or vulnerable customers.