Support Worker – Wrexham – Adults with Learning Disabilities
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Support Worker to join our clients Adults with Learning Disabilities Service in Wrexham, North Wales.
As a successful Support Worker, you will work with service users with physical and learning disabilities to enable them to fulfil their person-centred plans, promoting positive outcomes and maximise independence.
Your benefits as a Support Worker:
- Competitive pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Career development opportunities
What will you be doing as a Support Worker:
- You will form, develop, and maintain professional relationships with people who have disability, through direct supervision and shared activity, in such a way that the person’s needs are met
- You will be assisting and supporting individuals in day to day personal/practical care tasks according to individual needs, which may include assisting with personal hygiene, dressing, cooking, household tasks etc.
- You will be assisting and supporting individuals to access and accompany them in identified community-based activities e.g. leisure or day and employment services, in line with individual care plans. In particular, to assist individuals in the use of general public services
- You will implement the service user’s individual care plan agreed by Social Services and Health Professionals and assist in the development, implementation and review of the service delivery plans and health action plans
- You will ensure standards of personal care and all aspects of safety are maintained at all times, in accordance with the Department’s Health and Safety Policy. Assisting Managers to manage risk through implementation of risk assessments
Essential requirements of this Support Worker role:
- QCF Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (or equivalent relevant vocational qualification)
- Experience of supporting people who have a disability
- A good understanding of the needs of adults with disabilities
- Appreciation of the principles and values in supporting individuals with a disability
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- We will assist you from the initial phone call on-wards throughout the whole process
- Twice weekly payroll
- Competitive hourly rates
- Access to exclusive health and social care roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive health and social care knowledge
- Interview and coaching support
- Pre and post placement support to ensure you’re happy in the role