Support Worker – Young Adults – Meldreth, Cambridgeshire
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for Support Worker for Young Adults to join our client’s team in Meldreth, Cambridgeshire.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a for Support Worker who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of this for Support Worker:
- Thorough induction, and ongoing support
- Excellent pay rate
- Highly supportive team and management
- Excellent training and development opportunities
What’s in it for you as a for Support Worker?
As a support worker you will be highly involved in personal care, this is supporting our young people with all aspects of personal hygiene including toileting, dressing and maintain their personal appearance. Supporting with their medical needs you will also get involved in helping with the young adults therapies such as rebound therapy or hydrotherapy in our newly renovated pool. We also have sensory gardens, a skills centre, forestry school and rooms dedicated to art, music and much more. Independence is prompted wherever is possible, the adults will often run their own days with what they like to do, so you could be helping make things in the sites enterprise scheme, going on shopping trips, taking part in forestry lessons or even going to the pub!!
Although no experience is required, we are looking for candidates to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and to go the extra mile
- Ability to guide and encourage supportive independence when possible
- Exceptional communication skills and patience
- Resilient with a robust and positive nature
- Ability to be creative in meeting the needs of the young adults.
- Ability to work on a rota pattern which will include working every other weekend
It is a tough yet totally rewarding role. Ultimately, we are looking for people with a passion to build relationships and positively change the lives of the young adults that we work with.