Teaching Assistant – SEND – Chester
Working Hours Full time (Term-time only) 35 hours per week 08:45-16:45
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for multiple experienced Learning Mentors/ Teaching Assistants to join our clients SEN School based in Chester. Our client requires Learning Mentors with previous SEN experience, and experience of working with children and young people.
Your benefits as an Teaching Assistant – SEND:
- Competitive salary
- Enrolled onto Pension Scheme
- Comprehensive staff training programme
- Access to WeCare which is a 24/7 online GP, mental health support service, get fit programme and much more.
- Access to MediCash program for wellbeing benefits
- Highly supportive team and management
More information about the role of Teaching Assistant – SEND:
- You will work as part of a class team, under the direction of the class teacher and transdisciplinary colleagues, to deliver effective and appropriate teaching, learning and behaviour support in all areas of school life underpinned by an evidence-based behavioural model of practice.
- You will be creating a positive learning environment, reflective of the school’s culture and ethos as set out in its curriculum purpose statement.
- You will work with pupils both individually and in small groups supporting them to overcome barriers to learning, delivering teaching, providing positive behaviour support, and delivering other focused interventions.
- You will act as the key worker for one pupil, taking responsibility for coordinating their resources, monitoring their daily data, and advocating for them within team meetings.
Essential requirements of this Teaching Assistant – SEND role:
- Five GCSE’s or equivalent
- SEN experience
- Experience of working with or caring for children and young people
- Able to speak and write clearly and use functional Maths to support children and young people.
- Knowledge of safeguarding and child protection.
- Must be adaptable and resilient
- The legal right to work in the UK