Teaching Assistant – Southwark- Special Educational Needs and Disability
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for a teacher specialism in Maths to join our client’s team in Southwark.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a teacher specialism in Maths who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits of Teacher specialism in Maths role:
- Hybrid working available
- Manageable caseloads
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a teacher specialism in Maths:
- Supervises pupils in planned activities when the teacher is temporarily absent, in accordance with instructions/directions.
- Supervises pupils in small group or 1:1 learning activities in school away from the main teaching area, following appropriate risk assessment.
- Supervises pupils at play/leisure breaks, at times of transition between lessons and activities, and on arrival at school and before departure.
- Monitors and is always responsive to pupils’ learning and behaviour by adjusting supervised activities.
- Monitors and is responsive to pupils’ personal needs and communication.
- Communicates effectively with teachers, other professionals, and parents whenever the needs arise and recognises the need to communicate.
Contributes actively to the planning and review of the differentiated curriculum, individual
education plans and individual behaviour plans by recommending changes in targets or provision in
light of knowledge, understanding and pupil responses.
Responds to on-the-spot incidents requiring immediate attention/decisions on/off the school premises and/or without direct contact with a senior member of staff.
Essential requirements of this Teacher specialism in Maths role:
When requested, provides information about pupil progress, strategies and issues to other professionals and implements joint recommendations. Following discussions with the teacher of other senior member of staff, shares information about class activities, pupil progress and family needs with parents.
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive SEND knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of SEND positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each worker you refer who we successfully place*
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*