Team Leader – Children’s Residential Home – Rochester
Job Title: Team Leader – Children’s residential home
Location: Upnor, Rochester
Salary: £34,223 – £39,632
Hours: 37 hours per week
Liquid Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join a new residential home for children and young people aged between the ages of 11 and 17 who may have experienced social, emotional, and mental health needs. You will be working for a fantastic local authority in the opening of their first residential homes for children and young people.
As the Team Leader you will:
- Lead and direct your team to ensure the highest quality of care is provided.
- Work with the Registered Manager and deputy of the home to establish and maintain standards and monitor the delivery of high quality, child centred care to children and young people referred to the home in accordance with policies and procedures.
- You will identify areas for continuous improvement and adopt a therapeutic approach to care, leading by example.
- You will integrate as part of the rota, undertaking shifts and sleep-ins as required and will help to organise the rota and tasks for your team.
- Undertake daily monitoring and audits of medications stored within the home ensuring the medication policy and procedure is always applied consistently.
- Actively encourage educational attainment and work in partnership with agencies to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- Promote children’s involvement within the home, and advocate for children and young people in meetings to ensure their views and wishes are listened to and responded to accordingly.
- Encourage and support children to manage risk and take responsibility for their own lives, reflecting their chronological age and emotional and decision-making ability by empowering them to take responsibility for aspects of their care, health, education, interests, and hobbies.
- Hold a Level 3 or 4 in Residential Childcare.
- Good knowledge around Children’s Homes regulations (2015), Children’s Homes Regulations including the quality standards
- Hold at least 3 years’ experience within a children’s residential homes and 1 years’ experience at a Senior or Team Leader level
- Hold a Full UK driving licence
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice and counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers