YOS Officer – London – Multi-Disciplinary Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an Experienced YOS Officer to join our client’s team in London.
Due to the nature of this role, our client requires a YOS Officer who has post qualified experience in a similar role.
Benefits YOS Officer role:
- Hybrid working available
- Manageable caseloads
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Your duties as a YOS Officer:
- Undertake assessments of children, young people, and their families (using YJB-approved assessment tools and other relevant assessment frameworks) to identify risks, needs and strengths, to inform statutory and voluntary interventions.
- Promote the welfare needs of children and young people and take appropriate action to safeguard them, in line with local and national guidance.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of relevant legislation, research, and theory (including effective practice principles), and work in accordance with local and national procedures, guidance and standards in order to deliver a high-quality service to children, young people, families, victims and local communities.
- Manage a caseload (from low to high risk) and develop, contribute to, and participate in interventions to prevent offending and re-offending by children and young people and to restore the damage caused to victims, working in accordance with the principles of restorative approaches and restorative justice.
- Produce written and verbal reports based on assessments to inform a wide range of audiences, including courts, referral order panels and child protection conferences.
The Youth Justice Officer (YJO) is responsible for carrying out the case management role, in accordance with the Youth Justice Board Case Management Guidance (2010), with a primary focus on: engagement, assessment, planning, delivering interventions, public protection and management of safeguarding concerns.
Why work with Liquid?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*