Youth Justice Officer – London – Safeguarding Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Youth Justice Officer to join a busy Safeguarding Team based in London.
What’s in it for you as a Youth Justice Officer?
- Flexible working available
- Long term contract
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities as a Youth Justice Officer:
- Undertake assessments of children, young people, and their families (using YJB-approved assessment tools and other relevant assessment frameworks) to identify risks, needs and strengths, to inform statutory and voluntary interventions.
- Assess the risks young people pose to themselves and the public and implement plans to manage these.
- Promote the welfare needs of children and young people and take appropriate action to safeguard them, in line with local and national guidance.
- Manage a caseload (from low to high risk) and develop, contribute to, and participate in interventions to prevent offending and re-offending by children and young people and to restore the damage caused to victims, working in accordance with the principles of restorative approaches and restorative justice.
As a youth justice officer, you will maintain an up to date working knowledge of relevant legislation, research and theory (including effective practice principles), and work in accordance with local and national procedures, guidance and standards in order to deliver a high-quality service to children, young people, families, victims and local communities.
What we are looking for in a Youth Justice Officer:
- Experience of managing a caseload of young people with emotional, behavioural, or offending concerns
- Experience of undertaking comprehensive assessments of children and young people, including assessments of risk and safeguarding needs
- Professional Certificate in Effective Practice / Youth Justice Certificate with significant relevant experience
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Refer a friend
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*