Youth Offending Service Worker – Greenwich
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Youth Offending Service Worker to join the Children’s Services Team based in Greenwich.
As a successful candidate, you will be responsible for a caseload of children and young people in the community and custody referred to the Service with a range of complex needs and behaviours, who are subject to pre-Court disposals, statutory Court orders and bail support packages, in order to reduce their risk of offending behaviour.
Your duties as a Youth Offending Service Worker:.
- Undertake holistic assessments of children, young people and their families which identify risk and protective factors and analyse the underlying causes of their offending, ensuring their views are reflected to inform decision making and how approaches are adapted to work with them
- Work creatively in developing and delivering interventions with the child and their parent or carer which focus on the criminogenic need and strengthen factors for desi stance. This will involve using imaginative approaches and could include one to one or group work. The interventions should be regularly reviewed.
- Work in a multi disciplinary team and to work effectively in partnership with staff based in relevant agencies, fostering strong relationships that promote positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
- Incorporate Restorative Approaches into your day to day work with colleagues, children, young people and their families and w here required, victims.
- Attend police stations and the secure estate as required.
- Prepare Pre Sentence Reports to the Courts, following assessment, giving proposals for intervention to reduce offending, with regard to the welfare of the child.
Your requirements as a Youth Offending Service Worker:
- Relevant Youth Offending experience
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.