Youth Worker – Southwark – Youth Work Team
Liquid Personnel is currently looking for an experienced Youth Worker to join our clients Youth Work Team in Southwark.
As a successful Youth Worker, you will take the operational lead in the delivery of youth activities for children and young people within the borough to support the delivery of the Activities for Children and Young People Strategy 2017 – 2020.
Your benefits as a Youth Worker:
- £16.19 per hour
- Manageable caseloads
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Supportive team and management
What will you be doing as a Youth Worker?
- You will manage, maintain, and deploy a diverse range of resources to support the delivery of activities
- You will support events and activities which deliver objectives and targets of the service
- You will work directly with young people to support their personal development by providing appropriate programmes of activities, services, and facilities
- You will support the promotion of a programme of positive activities across the borough
- You will deliver group work programmes and activities
- You will ensure the effective completion of administrative duties, health and safety, and facilities management as appropriate
- You will work as part of a team developing and delivering activities for young people across the borough to meet annual service targets
- You will actively participate in the annual programme planning to ensure a varied and interesting range of activities for young people
Essential requirements of this Youth Worker role:
- Previous experience of youth work
- Youth work qualification required
- Knowledge of health and safety relating to working with and providing service for children and young people
- Knowledge of child protection legislation and safeguarding and its implications for service delivery
- Knowledge of vulnerable groups and the challenges of working with children and young people
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive criminal justice knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of probation work positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus – get £200 for each probation officer you refer who we successfully place *
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. * Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes.