- About Us
- Social Work
- Liquid Interim
- Career Centre
- Join Our Team
- Contact Us
Why Choose Agency Social Work?
Are you considering agency social work but are unsure of the benefits? Here are eight great reasons why it might be the perfect career opportunity for you…
Image Source: Unsplash
1. Regular pay – This is a huge benefit of agency work! You no longer have to wait until the end of the month for pay day. At Liquid we even offer our workers twice weekly payroll, meaning that our workers get paid quicker for work completed.
2. Flexibility and stability – It’s a known fact that agency work offers you flexibility, allowing you to take extended breaks and work in different settings but some may worry that it lacks stability. Local authorities tend to initially release most roles as a 3 month contract. However, it is extremely likely that this will be extended as long as you are happy for it to do so.
3. Training – Although you are an agency social worker, the majority of local authorities will usually still give you access to their training schemes, as they see the benefit of developing their agency workforce. Liquid also provide all of their workers with a range of different training courses across the country, throughout the year.
4. Progression – It’s often a myth that agency social workers will remain at the same level whilst their fellow permanent social workers have the opportunity to progress. We speak from experience when we say this certainly isn’t the case. As an agency worker you will take on varied placements in different areas which can help you build up valuable experience. This helps you progress and become a valuable asset to your employer. Many of our workers have been promoted within their agency roles or have taken a step up in their next position. We have even had a particular scenario where a worker has progressed from assistant team manager to head of service!
5. Pay rates – We all know the impact of the changes to the IR35 legislation back in 2017 but despite this, agency rates remain higher than equivalent permanent salaries.
6. Bespoke opportunities – This includes things like project work, one-off pieces of work and assessments which are great for flexibility as you can fit it around other roles.
7. Temporary to Permanent arrangements –Still leaning towards going permanent? Then why not try a temporary role first. It’s a great opportunity for you to try out a specific local authority, team or role to see if it suits you. In most cases it will also help your application as the management team already know you and what you’re capable of.
8. Dedicated support – Working for Liquid means that you will be given your own personal specialist consultant who will be dedicated to finding you the perfect role and supporting you throughout every phase of your new career path.
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in then why not give us a call on 0345 241 9590 or alternatively, register your details here: https://www.liquidpersonnel.com/jobboard/cands/fastcandregister.asp and we will be in touch. We’d be more than happy to discuss the next steps in your career and hopefully you can begin your Liquid journey with us!