Frequently Asked Questions
Registration and compliance
It takes minutes to register on our website or via the phone with a member of our team.
We ensure the compliance process is as easy as possible. However, the speed of this depends on how quickly you can collate the required information. If you have everything to hand, your compliance can be completed within 24 hours.
With a dedicated compliance team, we review and upload documents the same day we receive them to get you ready for work as quickly as possible.
This process is required to safeguard you, the service users and the service in which you are working. As we supply to local authorities, private sector organisations, charities and some NHS trusts across the UK, Liquid abides by all framework regulations to ensure you’re fully protected while working with us.
At Liquid, we have a range of dedicated teams to ensure you find a role that suits your skills, experience and individual requirements.
- Temporary opportunities
- Fixed-term contract opportunities
- Permanent opportunities
We also work exclusively with clients across the country to give you access to jobs before anyone else. If you’d like to hear more about the work opportunities we have contact us directly on 0345 241 9590 or click here to view our latest jobs.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Exclusive opportunities, only available through Liquid
- First-class support and advice from a dedicated team that specialises in your area of expertise
- Streamlined registration and compliance process
- Access to high-quality training
- Earn up to £300 for every qualifying referral!
- Twice weekly payroll with a range of payment options; PAYE, PSC (Personal Service Company)/ LTD (Limited Company) and approved umbrella companies
- Assistance arranging travel and finding accommodation (if applicable)
- Remote working opportunities
- Flexible hours to suit you; we offer everything from ad-hoc placements through to full-time work
Benefits of temporary work:
- Access to a wide range of opportunities across England and Wales
- Dedicated recruitment consultant who will work to secure you the perfect role(s)
- Access to benefits including sick pay, maternity/paternity leave and a pension (PAYE Workers)
- Flexibility on working hours, working locations, length of contract and type of work available
- Twice weekly payroll allowing for fast and flexible payments
- Excellent rates of pay
- Gain experience across different specialities
Benefits of permanent work:
- Career progression
- Employee benefits
- Annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Relocation packages
- Visa sponsorships
- Training and development opportunities
On average, our temporary contracts run for nine months. However, this can vary from client to client and will include shorter term contracts, as well as long term cover for maternity, sick leave and vacant hard-to-fill positions. Whatever your availability and career aspirations, we’re committed to finding something that’s just right for you. Register with us today.
Payroll and timesheets
Once you have secured a temporary role with us, your consultant will be in touch to provide you with all the required information.
In most cases, our clients use their own online platforms; you may be required to submit your hours through one of these. Again, our teams will be on-hand to guide you through this.
You will also receive a welcome pack along with your contract, which will contain further detail on how to submit your timesheet.
For your convenience, Liquid issue payments twice a week, every Wednesday and Friday. This means that if you miss a timesheet deadline, you only have to wait a couple of days until the next deadline, instead of a whole week.
When your approved timesheet is received will determine when your payment is processed. Timesheets approved by Tuesday 4pm: Processed on Wednesday payroll. Timesheets approved by Thursday 5pm: Processed on Friday payroll
All payments made by Liquid are processed via faster payment, rather than BACS. This means if you are paid directly by Liquid you will receive payment same day.
If you opt to receive payment via an umbrella company, the umbrella will receive payment from Liquid same day and typically process within 1 working day.
PAYE – You’ll be paid directly by Liquid each week. All statutory deductions will be made at source meaning everything that arrives in your personal account is yours to spend.
Umbrella –This method involves a contract with your umbrella company. The gross amount (before deductions) is sent to the umbrella, who are then responsible for calculating and paying your wage and providing a payslip. Umbrella companies usually charge a small fee for their service.
Limited company – Candidates who use their own limited company can opt to receive payment to their business account. If the assignment is inside IR35, all deductions will be made at source. If outside IR35, the gross amount will be paid, and you are responsible for making the necessary deductions at the end of the financial year.
IR35 is a set of tax laws which are designed to ensure all workers in the public sector are paying the correct amount of tax and National Insurance Contributions (NIC). There are a series of tests used by clients to determine the employment status of contractors working through limited companies/personal service companies (PSCs). As of 6th April 2021, further changes came into force, which included mid and large sized private sector clients, so if working in either the public or private sector, IR35 will apply to all PSC workers. For more information on IR35 please visit:
Recommend a friend
If you know someone who would like to work for Liquid, all you need to do is:
- Send us the details of your friend or colleague, and we’ll get in touch to find them work
- Alternatively, pass on our details for them to contact us. Please make sure they mention your name when registering
- Once they have worked a set number of hours you will be eligible to receive your referral bonus
Please contact us for full terms and further information