Complex and Vulnerable Casework Officer – Bradford
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Complex And Vulnerable Casework Officer to join a busy team based in Bradford.
Key Purpose of Post:
To directly lead and support the oversight and delivery of EHC processes for a cohort of vulnerable children such as those who are at risk of child exploitation, who are in care or on the edge of care, who are known to youth justice or who have other multiple vulnerabilities.
Main Responsibilities of Post:
- To draft accurate and concise EHCPs within the specified statutory timescales based on the written advice provided to children who are vulnerable and who have more complex needs and or volatile wider experiences with other statutory bodies.
- To act decisively within the Complex and Vulnerable child frameworks on the most complex and volatile cases relating to children with multiple vulnerabilities under pressure where substantial risk and harm may occur to children who have SEND.
- To scrutinise and quality assure annual reviews of EHCPs in a timely or urgent manner providing clear, written feedback to schools leading on annual reviews where necessary including in schools out of Bradford.
- Under the supervision of the Complex and Vulnerable Team Manager, to prepare and present cases to the EHC Panel regarding placement and support for pupils with SEND and promote inclusion in the educational setting, through liaison with schools, other LAs and parents as necessary.
- To prepare individual cases and present them as the representative of Bradford Council to the Complex and Vulernable Board and EHC Panel as needed.
Special Knowledge Requirement:
- Experience of supporting complex and vulnerable children with SEND
- Experience of drafting, amending and supporting the delivery of outcomes in EHC Planning processes within statutory timeframes.
- Experience of complex decision making for children and young people who are at risk from exploitation.
- Experience of chairing meetings with multi agency partners to support children who are vulnerable.
- Experience of undertaking annual reviews in SEND.
- Experience of working across social care and health to support vulnerable children with SEND.
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*
Contact Tania for further details – 01615527308