Experienced Social Worker – Merton, London – Family Support and Safeguarding Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting an experienced Social Worker to join the busy team at a Merton, London based Family Support and Safeguarding Team.
The Social Worker will be required to both hold a caseload as well as work on safeguarding duty on a rota basis, therefore safeguarding duty experience is essential. The team consists of Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Assessments Officers and Home Care Assessors.
What will it give you as a Social Worker?
- Hybrid operations.
- £4,500 welcome payment and market supplement of £2,000 per annum
- Membership of the local government pension scheme
- Excellent salary of £42,795 – 45,834 per annum
Primary Responsibilities as a Social Worker:
- As a social worker in the London Borough of Sutton your role will be to act as an officer of the Local Authority and execute statutory functions ensuring that individuals are safeguarded and supported to achieve positive outcomes
- You will work in partnership with people, other professionals and agencies and intervene to safeguard individuals, promote social change, maximise independence and provide appropriate information and advice about third sector and universal services which support positive outcomes
- You will have the ability to apply professional curiosity and use social work theories and knowledge to formulate and test hypotheses reaching a professional judgement and decision
As our Children’s Social Worker you will carry out visits to a family for around 5 hours per month. You should also have valid SWE registration and an enhanced DBS issued within 12 months.
In addition, The Children’s Social Worker should have a minimum of two references available to view with at least one reference from their current/most recent employer.
You must have all employment history, qualified social worker with experience of working within a cared for children’s team or a safeguarding children’s team with any gaps verified.
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK license
- post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work