Higher Specialist Social Worker – MASH
Senior Social Worker – MASH – Berkshire – Salary up to £51,495 (includes £6000 annual market supplement)
Liquid Personnel are looking for a hardworking and compassionate social worker to join an ambitious local authority in Berkshire to protect and enhance the lives of the children of Berkshire by working as a key member of its Children with Single Point of Access (CSPOA) team.
- Excellent Salary
- Flexible working
- Opportunities to develop managerial skills and capabilities
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 26 holiday days
- Discounted childcare
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Train Ticket Loans
- Salary Sacrifice Car Lease Scheme
- Wide variety of local shopping discounts
What can you expect from this role?
- Undertake assessments of need, risk and options for children and young people with the most complex/high risk care needs and/or circumstances, in accordance with legislative requirements, all relevant policies and procedures and agreed performance targets
- To undertake case work responsibility for allocated complex cases, including development of appropriate packages or programmes of care and intervention, working in partnership with individuals, their families, carers, and with other agencies; undertake ongoing and urgent case review, as necessary.
- Act as the custodian of social work practice in the team and a recognised expert within a specialist field. This will involve, mentoring, providing advice and support, facilitating group supervision, co-working with, other social workers or multi-disciplinary team members in relation to complex cases as appropriate, and developing partner relationships.
- You will work directly with the Principal Social Worker on the development of processes, procedures, strategies and policies; to ensure a high quality of social work practice is experienced by children, young people and families.
- Take the lead in initiating, developing and sustaining internal and external working relationships with other professionals, partner organisations and external agencies.
- To participate in other activities which would benefit from the application of professional skills, e.g. working parties, special service developments, policy formulation, group work and community development work.
- To understand the fit between the team plan and the overall service plan; to identify and report issues of unmet need/inadequate performance so as to contribute to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the service.
- To act, as agreed with the Team Manager or Assistant Team Manager, as a resource person within the team contributing to standards of practice and development activities, including possible supervision of Social Workers, Newly Qualified Social Worker, Assistant Social Workers and students as appropriate.
- To maintain case records/client information systems and fulfil departmental procedures and statutory duties commensurate with national and directorate requirements
- To utilise supervision with your line manager as an interactive process to develop practice and improve performance at the individual and team level.
Is this role for you?
- You will need experience working within a MASH team
- You will need to have a desire to develop your managerial skills
- You will be able to display strong leadership and communication skills
If this is the role for you then contact Luke Burgess on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3319 3159
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.