Residential Support Worker – Children and Young People
Job Title: Residential Support Worker – Children and Young People
Salary: £27,025 – £33,085 + sleep in allowance
Contract: Full-time, permanent
Shift Pattern: 7:00am – 2:00pm/ 2:00pm – 10:00pm + sleeps
Next Steps: Apply now or contact Brooklea at Liquid Personnel for more information
About the role:
Liquid Personnel have an exclusive opportunity for Residential Support Workers to join an incredible service which provides short breaks for children and young people with complex needs and learning disabilities. You will be joining a brand-new home for children and young people, registered for up to 2 young people from 13-17 years old with a background of emotional behaviour difficulties and child sexual exploitation.
Your key responsibilities as the Residential Support Worker:
- To demonstrate good childcare practices in own direct work with children to be a role model for other staff members
- Key Working to be responsible for and accountable to senior staff in ensuring effective assessment monitoring, planning and evaluating for each child takes place.
- To actively seek the views and opinions of children and provide a platform from which they can be heard.
- To carry out specific tasks as delegated by the Registered Manager/ Deputy/ Seniors
- To be supportive of teamwork. Following agreed team meetings/plans and supporting a high challenge high support culture.
- To act as driver and/or escort transporting young people to and from school, on shopping trips and activities.
- Flexible working, To perform sleeping-in duties as required.
- Meet the needs of children and young people, using a restorative approach, developing strong relationships to support children make their own decisions and actively engage.
- Delivery of direct work with children through their plans of support.
- Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with other services, the community, and agencies to deliver a holistic service to children with complex needs.
- Hold a Level 3 or 4 in Residential Childcare or be working towards this
- Experience in working with young people with disabilities in residential childcare or in a similar caring environment is preferred. Ongoing development and training will be provided.
- Hold a Full UK driving licence
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme – includes generous employer contribution
- Incremental holidays starting with 26 days plus public holidays (rising to 33 after 10 years’ service)
- Discounted Child Care (on site nursery)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season train ticket loans
- Salary Sacrifice Car Lease Scheme
- A range of local shopping discounts