Senior Practitioner – Medway – Referral & Assessment
Liquid Personnel are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Practitioner to join the Referral & Assessment Team based in Medway
As a Senior Practitioner in our Assessment Team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the learning and development of others either through supporting a newly qualified social worker, supervising a family support worker, acting as a practice assessor for students on placement, or contributing to training activities in a specialist area.
This is a perfect opportunity for an established social worker to flourish in a local authority and we’re keen to develop your skills to the fullest. If you’re ambitious and looking for your next career step, we offer an accessible and supportive pathway into management roles.
Your benefits as a Referral & Assessment Senior Practitioner:
- Market premia of up to £2500
- Retention payment of up to £3000
- Essential Car User allowance or access to a lease car
- Laptop and mobile phone to support hybrid working
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
Your duties as a Referral & Assessment Senior Practitioner:
- Undertake assessments, determine care packages/support plans and manage a range of the most complex caseload to maintain or improve the well-being of children and young people.
- Professionally mentor and support other colleagues.
- Plan, deliver, and oversee interventions for a complex caseload and where appropriate review cases.
- Liaise internally and externally and work with colleagues from other agencies to ensure children and young people’s interests are supported.
- Ensure operational support and delivery of an Assessment Service for children in need or at risk of protection.
- Work directly with children and young people, the work has significant implications for the well-being of individuals and might involve situations where service users’ personal liberty and or safety is at risk Professional colleagues, other providers and external agencies to gather and exchange information and co-ordinate actions. Represent the Council at multi-agency meetings.
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work