Senior Residential Support Worker – Children’s Residential Home
Job Title: Senior Residential Support Worker – Children and Young People
Location: Maryport, Cumbria
Salary: £35,597 – £37,706 per annum (inclusive of sleeps)
Shift pattern: 2 days on and 4 days off, including sleep overs
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Next Steps: Apply now or contact Brooklea on 0161 974 1665 for an informal chat or more information.
About the role:
Liquid Personnel has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Residential Support Worker to join an exceptional children’s residential home for children and young people who are in crisis, many are the victims of criminal and sexual exploitation and have experienced trauma, insecure attachments, and dysfunction.
As the Senior Residential Support Worker, you will:
- Assist the management of the home in developing the skills and potential of residential support workers through effective supervision and support.
- Take responsibility for the effective and efficient running of shifts.
- Monitor and maintain administrative requirements, ensuring that the outcomes of children meet the standards set out in children’s legislation, and the homes working practices.
- Ensure ongoing assessment of children and young people’s needs in day-to-day practice.
- Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured and nurturing environment.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team both within the home and with external agencies.
- Relate to and engage young people who display challenging behaviour.
- Assist young people to identify unsafe, dangerous, harmful and abusive situations, individuals and groups.
- Ensure a variety of intervention strategies are utilised in relation to behaviour management.
- Where required deputise in the absence of the management of the home.
- Ensure an open culture is created so that children and young people feel they can complain and that they are listened to.
- Oversee, write and edit all reports when submitted for meetings and reviews.
- Hold a Level 3 Residential Childcare
- Good knowledge around Children’s Homes regulations (2015), Children’s Homes Regulations including the quality standards
- Hold at least 3 years’ experience within a children’s residential homes and 1 years’ experience at a Senior or Team Leader level
- Hold a Full UK Driving Licence
- Support from a team of professionals, including teachers, outdoor education specialists, clinicians and therapists.
- A sector-leading Learning Academy which focuses on your career development and supports you to attain a professional qualification in residential childcare.
- Company pension, Life Assurance, ‘Refer a friend’ bonus, and a company recognition programme.
- Excellent health and wellbeing benefits via Medicash and a range of discount schemes.