Social Worker – Kingston/Richmond – Looked After Children
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting for a Social Worker to join a busy Looked After Children’s Team based in Kingston/Richmond.
This role will involve working alongside other professionals, to ensure that a child and/or young person receives appropriate care, education and health services, and any other support needed to ensure their needs are appropriately met.
What’s in it for you as a Social Worker?
- Generous annual leave entitlements
- Free or reduced parking rates
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers, and discounts on a range of local shops, restaurants, gyms and leisure centres and much more.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities and schemes of support
- A competitive and desirable retention package (to include a generous local government pension scheme)
- A clear progression path when key qualification milestones are reached
- Tools and models to support, including Signs of Safety
- Reflective supervision from an experienced management team
- Regular whole service away days
Your main responsibilities as a Social Worker:
The Social Worker will support children living with relatives, friends of foster families and prospective adopters or children living in children’s homes and young people in semi-independent units. They will be responsible for ensuring their safety and supporting them towards independence by:
- Undertaking regular statutory visits
- Completing and updating assessments
- Care Planning
- Working as part of a professional network to meet the needs of the children and young people
What we are looking for in a Social Worker:
- Educated to a degree level with the relevant social work qualification
- Appropriate understanding of statutory legislation for example the Children Act
- Planning skills for assessing and reviewing children and young people’s needs and
- planning packages of care across a range of cases