Team Manager – Bradford – Children’s Team
Liquid Personnel is currently recruiting a Team Manager to join the Children’s East, Duty and Assessments Team in Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
You will provide assessment, care management and social work services to disabled children and their families, arising out of the council’s duties and powers under legislation, Council and Group policy.
What will it give you as a Team Manager?
- Hybrid working
- Excellent flexible working opportunities
- 6–12-month contract
- Excellent salary of £50p/h
Primary Responsibilities as a Team Manager:
- Effectively allocate and manage staff resources using case management, review and allocation systems, to ensure that all cases have smart, outcome focused care plans that are regularly reviewed to avoid any drift.
- Chairing of multi-agency planning meetings for children and young people, ensuring that partnership working takes place with other services, both internal and external to the Council, to deliver effective and co-ordinated plans, which respond to identified needs and/or risks.
- Responsible for the supervision and appraisal of individual workers to ensure that appropriate professional social care standards of practice are met, and that continuous professional development takes place and is embedded and recorded.
- Monitor and manage team performance using performance management information and tools to ensure that performance against local and national targets is achieved and maintained.
- Routinely quality assure and audit social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation to ensure that practice standards are being met and to support staff development and appraisal.
- Undertake all elements of staff management including recruitment, progression, capability and absence in line with Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements with regard to social work practice and processes are met and that Departmental policies and procedures are adhered to and delivered in accordance with these.
- Provide critical reflection, challenge, and evidence-informed decision-making in complex situations for children on behalf of the Department, in line with delegated decision-making authority. Support others in developing these capabilities, and finding their own solutions.
- Promote positive approaches to diversity and identity within the team and across the department, providing guidance and challenge as required. Implementing policy developments and decision-making in line with the overall Service.
- Participating in and observing front line practice when required.
- Promote the use of evidence and theory to support best practice in complex and changing circumstance. Participate in the learning of the service, supporting and facilitating projects and events that lead to the development of operational practice.
- Working in partnership with and understanding other services functions to ensure an effective and co-ordinated response to identified needs.
- Making decisions on expenditure of money within Department guidelines set out by the Service Manager and maintaining effective monitoring systems for the same.
- Ensuring that statutory requirements are met, that relevant policies and guidelines are adhered to, and services delivered in accordance with these.
- Ensuring that the needs of ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged groups are met.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of staff, ensuring that statutory requirements are adhered to.
What we are looking for in a Team Manager:
- Hold a fully accredited DipSW/Social Work degree (equivalent to Level 6 NQF), are registered with Social Work England and have a management qualification or equivalent experience
- Have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience in Children’s Social Care
- Experience of working with all service user groups and with service users from the minority ethnic groups
- Experience of interpreting and applying the law relating to children and / or to adult services
- Experience of child protection and childcare work and issues arising.
Why Liquid Personnel?
- ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice weekly payroll and an internal ‘hours’ team
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren’t available from other agencies
- Free access to Liquid’s exclusive social work training and CPD portal
- Your own personal consultant with extensive social work knowledge. Your consultant’s service will be personally tailored to you as an individual
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK.
“Refer a Friend” bonus – get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
“Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us*
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are unable to support or accept applications from candidates who are residents within the Red or Amber list of the Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, based on the World Health Organisation (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.
Terms and conditions apply to our bonus schemes*