- About Us
- Social Work
- Liquid Interim
- Career Centre
- Join Our Team
- Contact Us
Writing Contest: Tell Us About The Future of Social Work
Considering the background of government cuts, high caseloads, increased bureaucracy and the public scrutiny which the profession faces, it’s perhaps unsurprising that multiple academic studies have found social workers have a ‘career lifespan’ of just eight years.
What can be done to combat this? How can the profession change to keep social workers engaged and satisfied with their job? We’d like you to tell us.
We’re looking for fresh perspectives and solutions about the challenges and pressures of social work, and are offering £1,000 for the best answer to this question:
"The average 'career lifespan' of a social worker is just 8 years. What can be done to increase engagement among social workers and keep them in the profession for longer?"
What Do I Need To Do?
Simply write a short ‘thought piece’ (maximum 1,000 words) answering the above question and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with a completed entry form:
Your answer must detail how we can keep social workers in the profession for longer, and will be marked against the following judging criteria;
1. Innovation – you offer original, inventive ways of solving the engagement concerns facing social work.
2. Objectivity – your solutions consider the whole sector, and not just your own experiences.
3. Practicality – your ideas are plausible, and could be implemented in the real world.
How Will My Entry Be Judged?
All entries will be judged by a panel of sector experts, including:
Am I Eligible To Enter?
Entrants will be broken down into the following categories:
1. Final year/Masters social work students
2. Newly qualified social workers (up to 2 years’ experience)
3. Qualified social workers (2+ years’ experience)
What Is The Prize?
The best entry will be selected from each category, with the judges choosing an overall winner who will claim the grand prize of £1,000.
What Are The Deadlines?
• Deadline for entries is Friday 25th November.
• A winner will be announced in January 2017.
If you’d like to enter or find out more about the competition, please email email@example.com for more details.
Entrants must be a UK resident.